Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Day One

Published by Twyla E. Brooks under on 7:33 PM
Chapter One - Part One 09/17/11

Reading: Why Believe? Exploring the Honest Questions of Seekers by Greg Laurie

(?)Question: "What am I living for?" 

(!)Answer: Naturally, I thought, "God. I am living for God." Then I asked myself how? How am I living for Him? What am I doing that I have concluded I am living for the Lord? I actually had to think about my answer for a moment. "By living to be who God wants me to be." And who is that? "I am a sinner, and always will be one, but God has a set of Commandments He instructs that I follow. He also tells me to learn to trust,

Isaiah 26:4, "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal."

to be patient,

1 Timothy 6:11, "But you man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, endurance and gentleness."

to forgive,

Ephesians 4:32, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

and to love,

Matthew 5:44, "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

Throughout my life I have a responsibility to my Heavenly Father to grow in these attributes. It makes me happy to see the positive changes in my life.

What are you living for?

~Twyla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Read the Printed Word!

Followers